Have not posted in a while maybe even closing in on a month. Did some massive improvements, some that even brought me backwards in my timeline a bit but I think through and through it ended up improving my piece by a lot.
Changes I made
I moved the entire scene, making it smaller and pulled in my concept lining it up with my camera so that I can position objects to fit where they are according to the concept more accurately.
I also flushed out the scene a lot more adding a lot of the objects that were missing, I also have added small animations such as the leaves moving in the wind as well as the clothes line.
The lighing and post has been reworked a lot, after talking to john we felt like it could be better to stray from the concept a bit to get a more accurate and life like rendering of the scene, I think I want to add little bit more contrast to the scene around the car but other then that I am like the lighting where it stands now.
Things I need to add
I still need to add the rope and wires that are on the ceiling as well as the cable that is on the wall. I want to add the voodoo head that hands from the ceiling as well as other small prop details that are missing from the scene just to put the final touches on it.
First Pass on Lighting and color grading. I think I went too warm with it in the end but turned out to be a good starting point. Hi-Res link: http://imgur.com/MTsS0pU
Did another attempt at lighting and fixed up the grading, also moved the scene a bit to try to match it to the concept more accurately. Hi-Res: http://imgur.com/Wciwzc3
Not sure how much a like this angle, but I do know its more in scale to what the concept is.
Fixed the camera angle and worked out a new LUT.
Used most of week Three to work on my P1 and then have been rounding out my Vertical slice for my Capstone.
This week I almost completed my block out I only have 3 assets left to model and a few left to place in the engine and then its done. I took some time to play with the lighting and get a base start on where I want it to be. This is using a VXGI build of 4.14, I used VXGI as my proof of tech but still needed to play with it a bit for this setup.
As far a lighting goes, I think I will have to use some trees of camera to break up the light that hits the building in order to get a closer look to that of the concept. Or I could just you come basic cubes to do the same, but Im not too worried about that right now I just want to focus on getting all the shapes down.